Saturday, 31 December 2011

Christmas in the sun

Christmas here is much like it is in the UK except for the weather. Jenny & I cooked lunch for 18 - Lizzies family plus some neighbours and that seemed to work out quite well. Sarah & William spent time in the pool with their cousins allowing most of the adults to chat/snooze between courses. Our Boxing Day was spent in traditional australian style at the MCG for the first day of the test against India complete with turkey sandwiches for lunch washed down by weak beer. The current exchage rate(1.50 to a pound) makes this country quite expensive to eat out in but we have had some exceptional quality food accompanied by an excellent selection of wine. We had quite a surprise one day when boarding the train to go to Melbourne for a trip to the aquarium with William. We had just sat down when John/"shaggy" from John Orwell Wapping strolled up to say I didn't expect to see you here ! Small world. Speaking of gyms, I visited the local gym earlier today with Liz & a couple of neighbours. It didn't feel too bad at the time due to the previous nights excess dulling most sensation but as it is the first time in 3 months I suspect that I will be fairly sore tomorrow New Years Day. There must be a resolution or two in there somewhere ?

No comments:

Post a Comment